When it comes to Corporate Social Responsibility, there is nothing to beat our Bury Six Town businesses and because you are local, your support is second to none. Uniquely, you can offer us the kind of support and awareness that individuals would find it difficult to match and because of businesses like yours, we can care and support for local people with life-limiting illnesses, as well as the people closest to them.
There are so many different ways you can help. Take a look at the options below and let us know what you think you can do, because there really is something to suit every business, regardless of size.
· Take us on as your Charity of the Year and pledge your support for one year or more
· Sponsorship – align your brand to one of our hospice organised events
· Commercial partnerships and cause related marketing – raise awareness and funds with your own unique product offering
· Volunteering – support our hospice, shops, lottery and hospice events
· Gifts in kind – provide gifts or services to help us keep our costs down
· Fundraise at work – organise your own work-based events
· Match Giving – reward your fundraising staff with some matched company funds
· Online giving – set up a company online fundraising page that employees can access
· Payroll giving – allow employees to make a regular contribution out of their wages
When you get involved with a charity like Bury Hospice, you are directly affecting the lives of people who really need your help. In return, we help you to use the opportunity to improve your staff engagement and to raise the profile of your brand. We will work with you and your staff to get the best out of our partnership, with support, materials and inspiration.
This is a chance for your business or organisation of any size to take part in The Bury Hospice Corporate Challenge 2020. An amazing opportunity for teambuilding, publicity , improving fitness, raising vital funds for your local hospice and having fun. See how you can make £50 grow in 6 months. Do your own fundraising, use our A-Z guide of ideas or take part in the hospice events… the choice is yours. With a leaderboard being published monthly and a wonderful awards event at the end of November to recognise the stars of the challenge.
If you are a business and you would like to work with us, you can do it in the full knowledge that you are making a great contribution to your local community and making a huge difference to people who desperately need your help.
You will be able to work with our corporate fundraiser who can offer support and guidance if you need it, as well as helping to make sure that your own business objectives are met and recognized. Size really doesn’t matter; we have worked with companies great and small and we will do all that we can to make sure your involvement with us is a success.
There are many benefits for your company; here are just a few:
· Involvement on our social media pages and your company logo on our website
· Opportunities to feature in our monthly e-newsletter
· Encourages team building/bonding and boosts the morale of your staff
· Demonstrates your company values and commitment to customers, employees and the local community
· Positive PR opportunities
· Having fun whilst helping a much-loved local charity as well as the local community
· Corporate Social Responsibility objectives achieved
Sponsoring one of our events means that all of the profits raised by that event can be spent on hospice services.
Throughout the year, there are many opportunities for businesses to sponsor our events such as the Golf Day, Strictly Best Foot Forward, the Abseil, Rainbow of Ribbons, Last Night of the Proms, the Carol Concert and Light up a Life.
By sponsoring an event or supporting a campaign such as Bury Hospice Care Month, you will reach many people and can show how committed your company is to a charity that is so close to peoples’ hearts.
Commercial partnerships and Cause Related Marketing (CRM).There are so many positives when your business engages with Bury Hospice. As well as raising vital funds, a CRM initiative can reinforce your Corporate Social Responsibility policy, increase sales, raise mutual brand awareness and strengthen brand loyalty within the local community, because you are demonstrating your commitment to it, and to us. We can also promote your website through our own to help drive traffic and sales.
It sounds more complicated than it is, but actually, it is an incredibly easy thing to do. Many businesses that work with us in this way do it through donating a percentage of sales or services.
Gifts2Treasure have been donating 5% of their Christmas sales to us since 2017 while Daisy’sPearls used video on Facebook, to sell their products and support us for a month with a minimum £5 per sale donated to the hospice through a dedicated shop section.
Payroll giving is a very easy, tax free way of giving a regular weekly or monthly donation to your favourite charity and if you are a UK taxpayer, your donation to Bury Hospice will also be tax free.
It’s free to sign up through Giving Online and very quick and simple to do – just go to Giving Online and add your details. Your donation is taken automatically each time you get paid, so you don’t even have to think about it once it’s been set up.
Payroll giving is a really good way to support Bury Hospice because it’s a regular donation, it’s so easy to give and it’s totally tax free. Your donation is deducted from your gross pay so for every £1 you give, it only costs you 80p, or 60p for higher rate tax payers, and the taxman pays the rest!
Because your donation is taken directly from your gross, pre-tax pay, there will be no need for us to physically claim the tax back through Gift Aid from HM Revenue & Customs. This means you will also be helping the hospice to save on administration costs.
If you are a higher rate taxpayer, Payroll Giving is the ONLY way that we can automatically receive all your tax on your charitable donation.
Ask any of our Corporate supporters and they will tell you what a positive impact working with the hospice had on their staff, from bringing out unknown talents, to highlighting their resourcefulness, creativity and organisational skills. Whichever way you choose to get involved with us, your company will be rewarded in so many different ways.
· We will provide positive PR opportunities for your company through local press, social media, our website and regular newsletter
· Help to increase awareness of your brand
· Boost employee motivation
· Increase customer loyalty
· Develop your employees’ core skills and promote team-building
· Show potential employees that your company is a great place to work
· Demonstrate your commitment to corporate social responsibility
Here at the hospice, we want to take the time to get to know you and learn about your business objectives. In doing so, we believe that we can properly support you, whatever you decide to do, and this will help to raise your profile and encourage your staff to get involved too. Fundraising has the word FUN in it for a reason; we want you to enjoy it and feel rewarded and we want to give you as many opportunities for team building as we can, so there are lots of events, challenges and activities on offer.
We’ll let you know how the money you’ve raised is helping the people that we care for to make the most of every precious moment that they have left.