Thank you for looking after mum. I am so grateful for the kind care the whole team gave to mum and for helping us through this sad time. She received excellent care and as a family we received so much support.
From a grateful daughter
Operating Licence No: 000-005170-N-308493-009
Bury Hospice Lottery is being promoted by Bury Hospice Trading Ltd on behalf of Bury Hospice. All net proceeds from the lottery go directly towards funding hospice services, which help and support people with life-limiting conditions and their families, at no cost to them.
These Terms and Conditions are the Lottery Rules. By entering the lottery entrants agree to be bound by these rules. For the purposes of the Gambling Act 2005 this lottery is defined as a Society Lottery and is licensed by The Gambling Commission. The member of staff responsible for the promotion of Bury Hospice’s lottery is Mrs. S Duncan.
1. The Gambling Act 2005 confirms that Bury Hospice Lottery has a statutory duty to verify that members and potential members are aged over 16, the minimum age allowed for anyone to play Bury Hospice Lottery. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 years to participate in a lottery. The lottery is only open to UK residents. Bury Hospice Lottery will, where appropriate, carry out checks to verify this requirement including, if necessary, seeking confirmation from relevant agencies that can provide such information.
2. New members will be sent a unique, randomly selected (by secure computer software) draw number.
3. Each draw number shall be priced at £1.00 per entry.
4. There will be cash prizes totalling £1,250 every week, although there may be additional cash prizes from time to time.
5. Payment by standing order at a payment frequently requested by the member (minimum frequency of 4 weeks) will be paid direct to the lottery bank account and subsequently allocated to the unique number. Cheque payments sent to the Lottery Office will be allocated to the unique number. Cash payments to a lottery collector will be returned to the Lottery Office and subsequently allocated to the unique lottery number.
6. Lottery entry payments will be held in a specific bank account and advance payments for future draws identified so that should the lottery be cancelled, members may be refunded payments for future draws.
7. Full payment for each unique number must be received in the form of cash or cleared funds before the unique number can be entered into the draw. Only unique numbers, for which full payment has been received, are eligible to win a prize. The draw will normally take place each Friday at the premises of Bury Hospice.
8. All lottery entry sales are final and no refunds shall be made at any time. All members acknowledge that their payment of £1 per unique number to enter the lottery does not guarantee that they will win any prize.
9. Prize winners are notified by post within one week of the draw taking place. The main prize winner is also contacted by telephone if a telephone number has been provided. The relevant cheque will be made out in the name of the member only. Weekly winning numbers are published on the Bury Hospice Facebook page and on our website www.buryhospice.org.uk.
10. All members are solely responsible for providing Bury Hospice with their accurate and up-to-date contact details and the prompt notification of any changes. Bury Hospice Trading Ltd will be in no way liable for any failure or liability to contact any member due to error, omissions, or inaccuracies in the contact details provided by the member.
11. Membership cancellation can be carried out at any time, although those received after 17:00 hours on Thursday will not be actioned until after the weekly draw. Please contact the Lottery Office on 0161 763 1893 or email us at email@example.com.
12. Where a member cancels in credit, the member can opt for the unique number(s) to continue to be entered into the lottery until the credit has expired (any prizes won will be sent by cheque to the named member within 7 working days). Any remaining credit of 0.99p or less will be deemed as a donation to Bury Hospice unless requested within 180 days. Refund requests must be sent in writing to the Lottery Office.
13. Bury Hospice is required by our licence to inform customers about what happens to funds which we hold on account for you, and the extent to which funds are protected in the event of insolvency gamblingcommission.gov.uk
We hold customer funds separate from company funds, held in a separate bank account with the Royal Bank of Scotland which is designated as ‘Protected Customer Funds’. The Bank does not have the right to set-off or counterclaim and the account is described in the bank records to make it clear that the monies do not belong to Bury Hospice Trading Ltd. This means that steps have been taken to protect customer funds, however, there is no absolute guarantee that all funds will be repaid. This meets the Gambling Commission’s requirements for the segregation of customer funds at the level: medium level.
14. Bury Hospice Lottery is committed to protecting the privacy of members. Data collected from the member is used lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and is held in a secure and password-protected database. Bury Hospice Lottery will not sell, rent, or grant access of any personal data to any third party without express prior permission of the member. Members have the right to access the information held about them. To obtain this information please contact the Lottery Office in writing.
15. Bury Hospice Lottery shall not be liable to the member for any loss or damage suffered or arising from • Any delays, failures, or theft in the postal service or other delivery method used by Bury Hospice Lottery or the member from time to time. • Any delays or failures in any software or other systems used by Bury Hospice Lottery for the administration of the lottery. • Any delays or failures in the banking system used by Bury Hospice Lottery or the member. • Any refusal by Bury Hospice Lottery, without giving reason and at our absolute discretion, to accept registration of an individual as a member, or the disqualification or cancellation of a member. • Any failure to enter a unique number into the draw. • Any event beyond the reasonable control of Bury Hospice Lottery.
16. Any requests for self-exclusion from the lottery can either be telephoned through to the Lottery Office on 0161 763 1893 or sent in writing. Please contact the Lottery Office if you require more information. A member who uses this facility will not be able to re-join the lottery for a minimum of 6 months thereafter.
17. Bury Hospice Trading Ltd attributes by law a minimum of 20% of the proceeds of each lottery directly to Bury Hospice. In the last financial year (2019/20) the contribution was 48%.
18. Gambling should be fun and this lottery is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly https://www.gamcare.org.uk/
19. All complaints and disputes should be sent in writing to the Lottery Office at Bury Hospice Lottery, Bury Hospice, Rochdale Old Road, Bury BL9 7RG. Any complaints and disputes will be dealt with in accordance with our policy, a copy of which is available from the Lottery Office and on our website.
20. Bury Hospice Lottery reserves the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions without notice and to publish the amended rules.
21. The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these Terms and Conditions and Bury Hospice Trading Ltd and all members hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Promoter: Bury Hospice Lottery – Responsible Person: Mrs. S Duncan
Updated May 2020