Bury Hospice Lottery – How Our Lottery Works
Thank you for looking after mum. I am so grateful for the kind care the whole team gave to mum and for helping us through this sad time. She received excellent care and as a family we received so much support.
From a grateful daughter
Lottery Q & A
Why Play Our Lottery?
Bury Hospice Lottery provides a valuable, regular income to help run the hospice and we could not do this without our loyal players.
What is our Hospice Lottery?
- Bury Hospice Lottery is a weekly lottery draw dedicated to raising funds to support hospice care, and in doing so makes a difference to the lives of people affected by life limiting illnesses in the communities served by our hospice beneficiaries.
How do I cancel a membership?
- If you wish to cancel your membership please contact the Lottery Office at:-
Bury Hospice Trading Limited, Rochdale Old Road, Bury, BL9 7RG. Tel. No. 0161 763 1893.
- We will process your cancellation quickly and promise we won’t try to change your mind.
- Please note that if you pay by standing order you will also need to contact your bank or building society to notify them that you wish to stop payment to us.
How do I make a complaint?
- Please contact us and we will help in any way we can to resolve your complaint quickly. All complaints and disputes will be dealt with in accordance with our complaints policy, a copy of which is available at the Lottery Office. In the event a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved, it will be referred to arbitration. As we are a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association, complaints will be referred to the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR).
Where does my money go?
- From your very first entry into our weekly prize draw you will be making a difference to people with life-limiting conditions and their loved ones.
Can I play more than one number?
- Yes. You can purchase a maximum of 10 plays per Draw, each play costs £1.
How do I check if I’ve won?
- Check this weeks winning numbers HERE.
What do I do if I win a prize?
- Nothing! We send your winning cheque to you, made out in the name you registered your plays in, and shortly after each draw takes place. Should you be the lucky £1000 winner, we will contact you via telephone to advise you of your win before posting.
- Please contact us to let us know of any changes to your personal details, e.g. address, mobile or home telephone number and e-mail address.
If I win do I have to take part in publicity?
- No. We do like to feature stories of some of our members on our website, social media and sometimes in the local media. This is to encourage other people to help us raise money for hospice care, but there is no pressure to do this at all. If you would like to feature please do contact us.
Can I choose my number?
- No, sorry. Your lottery number is chosen at random and is unique to you.
What happens after I join?
- Your payment will be processed as soon as possible and then you will be entered into the next available draw. This can take up to two weeks.
- Payment will continue to be paid from your bank account, on your behalf, until you notify us and the bank differently. Please note, your payment cannot be cancelled with the bank by anyone other than yourself.
- We will post your Welcome Pack and unique lottery membership number to you.
- If you pay by cheque, we will write to you when this is due for renewal.
- We will only contact you regarding the Lottery. Most importantly, if we are sending you a Winner’s cheque!
- To help keep costs down, please provide us with an email address if you have one.
How will my personal data be used?
Who can become a Hospice Lottery member?
- People aged 16 or over who are resident in the UK can become a member of the Lottery. Including staff, volunteers and supporters of the Hospice. Please read the full terms and conditions HERE.
How do I self-exclude from your Hospice Lottery?
- To view our self-exclusion policy, click HERE and for further advice visit www.gamcare.org.uk for responsible gambling support.